Beauty Food Lifestyle Image Map

Tuesday 21 August 2012

Lust Have It: August 2012

Here's the August Lust Have It box. I just received it today (the 21st) so for the second month the boxes arrived quite late. 

This month, the boxes were packaged differently, in a white box with a black ribbon, as opposed to the usual coloured bag. I thought the packaging was nice but I can imagine some would be disappointed not to receive the coloured bag. This special packaging was for to celebrate the 1st birthday of Lust Have It. 

The August box contained:
  • tanGO Tan Removal Cloth ($29.95 $21.95)
  • Tigi Rockaholic Rock Out Shine Blaster 100mL ($27.95)
  • ModelCo Eyeliner ($26.00)
  • Marc Jacobs DOT Perfume 1.2mL ($160.00 for 100mL)
  • Appelles Skin Detox Shower Gel 30mL ($12.95 for 100mL)
  • Appelles Body Booster Skin Lotion 30mL ($12.95 for 100mL)
  • Appelles Body Bar Soap ($4.95) 

The tanGO Tan Removal Cloth included in this months box sounds interesting. The product claims to remove tan with just water, avoiding the need for exfoliating. I'm very curious to see how this works. The information incorrectly lists this product as the tanGO Tanning Glove when the actual product is the tanGO Tan Removal Cloth. Also, after checking the website the RRP is also listed incorrectly on the card as they sell it on their website for $21.95 (not $29.95 as listed). 

Three products from Appelles arrived in the August box. Having three products from the same brand is repetitive and I'd like to see greater brand variation in future boxes. I have never heard of this brand before, and after looking at their website it appears they are a very new brand. The shower gel and lotion both have a pleasant wild berry scent, and hopefully they perform well. I don't use bar soap that often so I am less impressed by the inclusion of a soap.

The Tigi Rockaholic Rock Out Shine Blaster is another full-size product included in the August pack. The information card claims it can "speed up drying time", be mixed with other styling products to  "soften up the hold factor and add shine", and "temporarily mask split ends". This product can by applied on damp or dry hair. I'm curious to see if this performs the functions it claims, as it basically just sounds like a hyped-up shine serum. 

Once again another perfume sample is included in a LHI box - Marc Jacobs DOT. At least this time it's only one! I found it funny that on the card the company gushed about how it was an "exclusive pre-release" as the product was yet hit stores. However, due to the boxes arriving towards the end of the month, the perfume had already made it into stores. Marc Jacobs DOT was released in Australia on August 13th! Although I like Marc Jacobs fragrances, I am truly sick of perfume samples being included. These can easily be sourced from department stores free of charge and the vials are so tiny with only 1.2mL of product. 

Finally, a full-size ModelCo black eyeliner was featured in the August box. I hardly use black pencil liner so I'm not excited by this product. I'm usually left disappointed with ModelCo makeup so I'm not thrilled with the inclusion of this product. 

Overall, I feel disappointed with this months box. As this was the 1st birthday box I was hoping to be happily surprised with some great products, which unfortunately was not the case. The only product I'm interested to try in the tanGO Tan Removal Cloth. The inclusion of yet another perfume sample and 3 products from the same brand is a let down. Lust Have It really needs to improve the content of their boxes and the delivery time or I will probably unsubscribe. 

What were your thoughts on the LHI August box? 
Are you disappointed with this months offerings? 
Let me know in a comment below... 

1 comment:

  1. I haven't got mine yet, but if this is the box I get I'll be disappointed. Nothing really looks that great. It's probably there worst box to date

    ReplyDelete