Beauty Food Lifestyle Image Map

Saturday 8 February 2014

What's In My Carry-On Toiletry Bag


I'm off to Japan on February 12th, so I've started organising and packing for my trip. The first post I have to share with you is what's inside my carry-on toiletry bag. 

I like to keep it fairly simple with my skincare routine for long-haul flights. To start with I wear very little to no makeup on the plane, as I really can't be bothered with removing it all and you definitely don't want to be sleeping overnight with a face full of makeup, your skin will suffer! 

I like my skin to feel as comfortable as possible when flying, as the air conditioning can be extremely drying for your skin. It is essential to ensure you are drinking plenty of water throughout the flight. This routine is inspired by a video from Lisa Eldridge which is a great watch. 

As soon as the seatbelt sign is turned off, I like to visit the bathroom to start my routine. Firstly, I brush my teeth, then I remove my contact lenses and apply eyedrops. As some of you may know, plane water is not very hygienic as it isn't fresh, so I skip a wash off cleanser and instead use Bioderma Créaline H2O with a cotton square. To add some moisture back into my skin I use Sukin Hydrating Mist Toner which I have decanted into a miniature spray bottle. I then apply a generous amount of my Indeed Laboratories Eysilix eye cream patting it on gently with my ring finger. At night, in place of a moisturiser I use Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask which is a thick, hydrating mask that applies clear. This acts as a moisture barrier for your skin and keeps it very nourished, it has a lovely apricot scent as well. This is a fantastic mask and I highly recommend it. I have forgotten to include it in the above picture, but a lip balm is an essential part of my flight routine, which I apply at this stage. With my face finished, I apply Neutrogena Norweigan Formula Hand Cream to keep my hands from feeling dry. 

Throughout the flight I apply some Caudalie Beauty Elixir which I have decanted into a tiny spray bottle, to freshen up my skin. It has a lovely herbal scent which is very energising and refreshing. I also use refreshing eye drops as my eyes can become dry and uncomfortable on planes. Also missing from the picture is a miniature deodorant like this one, which is a must for a long flight. 

In the morning or before the flight is about to land, I repeat the above routine but in place of the Origins mask I apply my Aesop Camellia Nut Facial Hydrating Cream. I also use this time to brush my teeth and put in my contact lenses. 


I store my products in a Muji Clear Pouch, which I have in the large size. This is perfect for travelling and very inexpensive. 

What are some of your carry-on travel essentials? Do you tend to go all out or keep it very simple? 

No comments:

Post a Comment