Beauty Food Lifestyle Image Map

Friday 14 February 2014

What's In My Travel Makeup Bag

Here's the makeup I'm taking with me on my trip to Japan. I tried my best to keep the amount of products to a minimum and I think I have done fairly well. 

In terms of foundation, I've packed my Jouer Matte Moisture Tint in Linen which will be perfect for daytime. I've also selected Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in Shade 5 which is my favourite foundation for the evening when I want a bit more coverage. For under my eyes and to cover any blemishes I will use my NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla, as it offers great coverage and is long lasting without drying out my skin. 

For bronzer, I've got my faithful NARS Laguna Bronzer which is a lovely bronzer that doesn't look too orange or shimmery. I have packed just one blush and have chosen MAC Blush in Dame as it's a lovely colour that I should use more often! For a setting powder I have MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium which I don't currently use very often but I have packed as it needs a bit more love. 

Moving on to eyeshadow, I have selected my Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette for its compact size and nice selection of matte neutral shades. I have also added a shimmery eyeshadow option in the form of MAC Eyesahdow in Jest for the evening when I want a shimmery lid. To help these shadows remain crease-free, I've got my trusty NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base which is the best eyeshadow primer I've ever used. 

For my lashes I'm currently using Maybelline Volum' Express The Rocket Mascara which I am really enjoying. It has a plastic wand that works well to add both volume and length to my lashes. Moving on to brows, MAC Eyeshadow in Omega is the powder I use to fill in my brows, which I then set in place with Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara

The products I have packed the most of are lips. I like to have a few options depending on my mood! For a lipstick offering that isn't drying on the lips, I've got Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Red Velvet for a darker red lip as well as Tutti Frutti which is a brighter orange-coral shade. The other two lip products are also by Revlon, Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey which is a perfect daytime nude. And Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Rendezvous, one of my current favourite lip products that is a brighter lip option. 

I have narrowed it down to just eight brushes. For filling in and grooming my brows, I have selected my favourite MAC 266 to apply my brow powder, and a MAC 204, which I use to comb through my brows. To apply and blend eyeshadow I have MAC 217 to apply lid colour, a MAC 226 (which unfortunately was limited edition) to apply colour to the crease, and lastly the MAC 224 to blend eyeshadow. For applying my foundation, I have chosen my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush which is a fantastic brush for base makeup. For powder and bronzer I am taking the Real Techniques Multi Task Brush to try out for the first time (hopefully it works a treat!). To sweep blush across my cheeks I have the Real Techniques Blush Brush, which can also be used for other face powders. The two essential tools that are coming with me are my Tweezerman Slant Tweezers and my Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler

I'm pretty happy with the amount I've selected and all the makeup and brushes fit neatly in my MAC "Clearly MAC" Cosmetics Bag

How do you keep your makeup packing under control for a trip? Is there one particular item you just can't help but overpack, for me it's lip products! 

2 comments: